Algamac Protein Plus
New 100% celled algae and high protein species for partial or complete algae replacement and supplement and rotifer culture diet.
A revolutionary algae replacement is now available for complete or partial use. Composed of heterotrophic and phototrophic species, vitamins, attractants, and pigmentation, new AlgaMac Protein Plus is the latest addition to Aquafauna Bio-Marine’s “AlgaMac” series of high quality diets. Preparation and application is easy. All cells are sub-10 micron and is shipped as a dry powder composed of a variety of whole cell, broken cell and cell components with some cells intentionally fractured to improve digestibility.
Excellent for finfish, shrimp, crustacean culture and rotifer culture, new AlgaMac Protein Plus.
- Live algae replacement and supplement for finfish, shrimp and bivalves.
- Excellent algal background diet for use as stand-alone or as a supplement to live algae providing high DHA, phosopholipids and carbohydrates for larval growth and development of crustacean and finfish culture.
- Excellent over-wintering substitute algal diet for bivalve spat and maturation conditioning of broodstock.
- Excellent rotifer culture diet.
- A fraction of the cost of producing live algae.
Cell components are in a variety of sizes due to the way each component is inactivated and dried.
To prepare and hydrate the algae mix:
- Emulsify Algamac Protein Plus in fresh or salt water by blending in an electric blender for a couple of minutes then sieve through a 50 micron mesh to remove the fractionated foam.
- Apply at a rate of 0.5 grams AlgaMac Protein Plus per million rotifers twice a day.